Since Dandy comes out this week, I'm going to slow down on the series. I'm going to switch to once every other week instead of every week, and switch to upcoming characters or just whoever I feel like at the time, ha ha.
1. What is their secret desire?
Dandy - to feel safe again.
Toru - to wake up and find that everything that happened was just a dream.
2. What is the best and brightest moment they experience during the story?
Dandy - waking up with her lover and being completely comfortable in her own skin for a few minutes.
Toru - finally letting go of his past and moving forward.
3. What are the emotional places your characters are afraid to go to?
Dandy - literally anywhere emotional - but in particular, about her past; even more specifically, about her family.
Toru - admitting that he doesn't really want revenge anymore.
4. Is there a place/city/room where they will never go? Why?
Dandy - no only because she would have to admit weakness if she didn't.
Toru - his family estate, because he feels he cannot return until he has reclaimed his honor.
5. If they were permanently leaving town, what would they easily throw out? What would they refuse to part with? (Why?)
Dandy - she would literally leave with the shirt on her back and nothing else. She doesn't keep anything particularly sentimental, and considers everything else replaceable.
Toru - His sword is the only thing he'd make sure to take with him, since it's a sign of his station and was given to him by his father.
6. What do they want (consciously and tangibly)?
Dandy - to get paid and get laid.
Toru - to fulfill his mission and return home.
7. On the other hand: what do they need (on the emotional, subconscious level)?
Dandy - to accept the support of her friends and move on from her past, and to realize she deserves nice things.
Toru - to realize his own shortcomings and work on improving them.
8. If they could change one thing about themselves, what would it be?
Dandy - she would never run away from home.
Toru - to be more suspicious (as he sees himself as too trusting).
9. What is the most humiliating event of their life?
Dandy - when she was the slave of Choi Shuon.
Toru - the first time he met Dandy, and was a sleep-deprived, half drunk mess in the gutter.
10. What things do they turn to when they need a bit of hope?
Dandy - opium.
Toru - poetry.